Monday, November 17, 2008

Scenes from North Georgia



My Trip to The Georgia Mountains

Last weekend I took a quick trip to the Georgia Mountains. I wanted to see the beautiful fall colors to get inspired to paint a few new autumn paintings. Georgia especially the mountain region reminds me a lot of one of my home country, Germany. I say one because I was born in France and spend many years there in Alsace and later moved to Germany. Now I live in the USA in Georgia.

The Georgia mountains are spectacular and an Artist's dream. Among other places I went to Cloudland Canyon, the view from there is one of my favorites. It was pretty cold but I could have stayed forever and just looked on. Needless to say I absorbed more then enough of the mountain beauty for my creative energy to flow.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are such gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I can't wait to see what you paint as a result of their inspiration.

You have no idea how envious I am that you live in Georgia. For three years we've been trying to sell our house in Florida and move to North Georgia (in the Dacula/Buford/Lawrenceville area). Oh well, the real estate market can't stay bad forever. Eventually I'll be your neighbor!

Unknown said...

Hi Carla,

Yes we live south of Atlanta and we too want to sell and move further north. We'll travel to the Washington Georgia area sometimes soon I hope. That is a nice area too from what I've heard.