Sunday, June 21, 2009

Work In Progress Art Doll Assemblage

I've been working on this art doll assemblage for months.
The materials I am using are clay, yarn,paint, rocks,found items,cement epoxy.

He is the guardian of the treasure of the underworld. I love to let my imagination go wild from time to time and this is one of the results.
I've made a few art dolls usually about two a year.

Some of the rocks are painted to resemble gold rocks, some to resemble Lapis Lazuli.
I made everything by hand!

Let me know what you think!

My next step is to pour the water. That will be made from a clear epoxy!
I am hoping to get it ready in time for an art show.




























When I pour the epoxy to create the water, I will use these leaves to embed and make float just like in a pond. I collected the leaves when I went to Lakeland Canyon in North Georgia.










No comments: